Sean Graham's Animation Mental Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Rethinking Emotions

So here we go, the whole purpose for the early sketches and the 4 pose emotion test is to start to refine an approach, a PLAN for the animation. One really great critique I got was to focus on just on concept, and have all of the emotions stem from that. Currently, I have the paper acting as the reason for Stewie becoming alert and then engaged, and the dead animal as the reason he become disgusted. After deliberating on this for quite a while and talking to my buddy Tom and then going over it with my Wife Sara, I thumbed some alternatives like this and this.

When I brought it up in the Class Q&A, folks had a really great reaction, and further enhancements for me, leading to the next version you can see here!

Click on the image to see the animation blocking pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home