Sean Graham's Animation Mental Blog

Friday, September 23, 2005

Semester 2, Week 1 New Mentor, Old Subject.

SO! Since you are all wondering and waiting so patiently, I'm ready to divulge the most anticipated news of the day, my new mentor! Drum roll please...

And the winner is: Justin Barrett! Applaud at your leisure.

Justin is a supervising animator at Reel FX in Dallas, and has worked in a number of studios around the country and just recently establishing himself at "Reel". He was recruited by Bobby to join the mentor team, and I think he made a great choice. Justin's a very high energy guy, funny, witty, quite "animated" in his own right, and really great to talk to. He has a very varied and interesting past with some most unusual jobs that I'll refrain from mentioning as a courtesy to our fine mentor.

As for this week's work, it's overlapping action again, except that this time it's all the more intensified. We've been given a more involved character, not quite full bodied, as he has no arms, but the rest of him's intact and must move convincingly. I've decided to try an Igor walk with the one leg trailing because it's one that will very clearly show the principles we're focusing on this week. We'll see how it goes! I've got some sketching done for it, and I think I have a good handle on what I'd like to do! So, I'm off! Next post: sketches and blocked Igor walk! Woo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home