Sean Graham's Animation Mental Blog

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Give me a week, I'll take a...

So the semester's over, and you'd think that maybe I'd be able to keep up with this blog, here. Nope. So far, my break between semesters has consisted of lots of work-work, a 3-day stint at the Space 2005 conference in Long Beach, where I met Bill Russel (If you don't know who he is, google it.), got to wrangle penguins for a 45 minute period, met some really cool people from "Mad Science" (you can google that too) and about 300 kids, some of whom knew more about the work I was presenting to them than I did. My wife and I are also working on preparing to sell our house and last weekend we and Emily went up to San Fran with another AMer Brad Bradbury to attend the AM BBQ! It was a TON of fun, and good networking as well. My mentor Warren was there with his daughter Talula (sp?) who was a real sweetheart and very loving towards Emily. I got to see in person quite a few of the students I've only ever seen by web-cam, and to my surprise, they were much bigger in real life :) . I gave a quick thank you to Victor Navone (again, google) who's site was where I first saw AM, got some really great time with Bobby and some inside scoops of upcoming stuff (sshhhh! Can't tell!) and was literally surrounded by tens of some of the most amazingly talented animators and artists in the world. I had a blast!

So, here I am, back on the 'puter, ready for a new semester! All jazzed up and ready to go, got some really great final thoughts from Warren as I go forward and even a big unexpected pat on the back from Bobby "Boom" Beck himself which was really inspiring.

Ooh! I can spill this one, TOMORROW I find out who my new mentor is! Yipeee!!! I've decided to not try and predict or have any biases, so I plan to simply be thrilled with whomever they deem worthy of our educational direction.

Next up, recap. I've promised you a lot of stuff, so it's time to anty up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home