Sean Graham's Animation Mental Blog

Monday, August 29, 2005

Vanilla leaves bad taste.

So! Vanilla walks. Apparently my brain thought that meant vanilla POSE as well, as I think I reached my low point in posing. This week, we were to take our vanilla walk blocking and now "fill in the gaps" so to speak. We also had a new pose, which was concerned.

Ok, so the walk went fine, although now, looking back on it, the body was WAY too high in the air. I really should have taken everything down a bit to allow for more knee bend and less stretch. It's amazing what a SINGLE week of perspective can be worth in this school. Anyway, I can't say I was all that displeased with the movement, and application of the animation principles, just some physical issues that resulted from him being too high. So, here's the fleshed out Vanilla walk in all it's glory.

Click image to see large walk cycle (48 frames, 667k).

Some things Warren had to say were not unexpected, like making sure the plant foot stays planted through the passing position and to watch out for knee wobble, but I pretty much cleaned that up. I think I'll go back in, though, and bring that body down when I get a chance.

The pose was a different animal all together. First of all, I must confess, I did it on Sunday, with very little reearch over the course of the week as I was trying desperately to complete my walk. However, don't let me get away with excuses. Plain and simple, I dropped the ball, and Warren noticed too. It's supposed to be a concerned pose, and the scenario we got from Warren was that a close relative was in a horrible car accident, and my character gets to the hospital and there's confusion about which of the two passengers, the one that's ok, or the one in critical condition, is my character's relative. The pose is during the time just before my character finds out which it is. So here's the poop I came up with.



Warren humorously called it the "oh crap, the dog pee'd on the carpet" pose. Not nearly enough emotion or energy. I think that's generous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home