Sean Graham's Animation Mental Blog

Monday, July 18, 2005

Two Balls Different Weight

Week 4 and we've gradutated to TWO balls. Yea, I know, but I'm trying to lay off the vulgarities. That's right, basketballs are behind us, now we get to show some character. Just a little though. Actually, it's not really character per se, more like weight and density. See, one ball has to be quite a bit lighter than the other...or...is it one has to be quite a bit heavier...well, what ever, you get the idea. One is, say, the density, weight and size of a basketball, while the other, the density, weight and size of a bowling ball. They must bounce, they must come to a stop. Well, I heard this, and all kinds of scenarios came to me, ways to make the balls play off each other, bouncing all over the place...then I realized I have one week. And the point is not the go crazy with this new skill, it's to hone it. So hone I will! I'm a honin' like the DICKENS, BABY!

Here's the final passed in for my assignment for the week...

Click to see two balls bouncing with different weight.

2 Comments:

  • great job on this assignment. The heavy ball looks great! I think if you rounded our your curves a lil more on the lighter one youd be there. Small tweak. Lookin good!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:21 AM  

  • Excellent suggestion! Thanks!

    By Blogger Sean Graham, at 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home