Sean Graham's Animation Mental Blog

Monday, June 27, 2005

Sketch A - Emily, IKEA et al


So, in a previous entry I wrote about the sketch, here are the details: I spent some time watching my little girl Emily, who's starting to get the whole walking thing, but her balance is still questionable. A PERFECT subject I thought, and I was not disappointed. Beyond that, I also got an idea for reversals while at the IKEA, which had a little lunch area. I had my pad with me, so I thought I'd jot it down. I noticed people going to get coffee had nice, upright, direct, confident walk in general. The cup hooked loosely in their fingers. On the way back, they would inevitably have filled the cup too much, not having anticipated the amount of cream they added would fill it up, and they walked very slowly and softly back to their chair, taking great pains to not spill any coffee by trying as hard as they could to cushion each movement to avoid jostling the cup. Fascinating. I'm going to explore this one some more.

This stuff's a lot of fun!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home