Sean Graham's Animation Mental Blog

Monday, June 27, 2005

Week 2 - And there off!

So! Just watched the video of the Principles of Animation which is the week 2 video from primarily Carlos, but Bobby and Shawn pop in as well, along with some of the other faces from the industry I'm starting to get familiar with. Very interesting, and it's easy to see how understanding these things will be essential to good animation. The only problem i, there are TWELVE of them! E-gad! How am I going to remember to think of al of that as I animate!? Oy. Well, as they say in the video, you do it over and over and over and...well you get the point. Eventually they become second nature. THAT I understand. Interface design and functionality also have a lot of principles that take a while to grasp and engrain, but when you get it, the constraints actually FREE YOU UP to be more creative. I think it has to do with understanding your boundaries so you know when you're within them and when you're crossing them. It's kind of like a runner who has ALL this ENERGY but doesn't know in what direction to run! There's TONS of want-to, but without direction, he can't pick up any speed! Ok, maybe that's dumb, I'm not sure. I'm gonna go with it though.

Here's to week two!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home