Sean Graham's Animation Mental Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Week 1 a bit slow...

With all of the hype heading into the classes, I think I was hoping we'd just DIVE right in! But that was not the case, and probably rightly so. Although I may have been living vicariously through the first class last semester, reading all I could about the program and the classes and sucking up as much info from forums and blogs as I could, not everyone had access or knew where to find that stuff and are coming in fresh. They needed to be acclimated. So week one was about getting involved in the Q&As, meeting the founders, meeting my mentor Warren, introducing myself to my fellow students and getting myself prepared with software and hardware to be able to produce for the class.

I couldn't help it though. It was too much. I needed to sketch, do something. So, I began week 2's assignment, sketching in a public place and then posing "Stu", our emmaculately rigged character, to follow a pose we sketched. That was a whole lot of fun, and I'm glad I did it, because it forced me to work out some kinks, including the fact that my webcam is not so good at the detailed still frames. So, I ended up having to use the digital camera instead. But I got it up there, and here's a look at one of the sketch frames to the right. I'll describe the sketch in a blog entry called "SKETCH A - Emily, IKEA et al."

That's it for now,week 2 is officially under way, so there will surely be quite a bit more to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home