Sean Graham's Animation Mental Blog

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Getting started

Looks like I'm in for it now.

Not 2 months ago, I was wondering what direction my career was going in. I'm currently a Senior Multimedia developer for Raytheon ITSS in Pasadena, CA. When I moved here from Boston, I thought I'd gotten quite the deal, having fenagled a company to actually pay for me and my (at the time) girlfriend to move out here. My plan was to prepare for grad school and then apply to USC's grad program in film. Well, one Marriage, a mortgage and a gorgeous baby girl I wouldn't trade for anything later, and I still hadn't applied, and had, in fact, decided against USC because it was too expensive, and I'd have to quite my job, which was now paying me really well. After having taken some MAYA classes (that I got the company to pay for) at UCLA, I realized UCLA might be a possibility, but their animation program didn't look real stellar to me, given my situation. We were just getting ready to trash the dream and move back to Massachusetts when I saw Animation Mentor.

As far as I'm concerned, this program was a gift from god. Regardless of what comes out of it after I graduate, I'm thankful this opportunity exists and I get a chance to see if this "Animation thing" will really pan out after all. It's been a desire of mine ever since I was a little kid, and is what prompted me to become an artist in the first place.

I'm really excited, and I hope I can prove worthy of this chance.

In that vain, I plan to give you the point of view of a full-time professional multimedia developer with a mortgage and a family and all kinds of "want to", trying to make this dream a reality.

1 Comments:

  • You "About Me' paragraph cracked me up. If you live through telling your wife about AM, it'll be good to have you on board! :D

    By Blogger MattG, at 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home