Sean Graham's Animation Mental Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Not my best pose week...

I'd have to say I literally "dropped the ball" this week when it comes to the sketches and pose. This week we're supposed to do sketches and a "Stu" pose, the theme being "excitement". Well, I was plowing along working through my bouncing ball so much, I don't feel like I really gave the pose it's proper time. Here's the sketch...

Icky, I know. All I can say is, I was working with a particular theme. I tried really hard to NOT be cliche. No Toyota leaps in the air, no fist pumping...then I went ahead and did a jump in the air and a...fist...uhm...pump...

But in my defense, I decided to go with a scenario, as suggested by our mentor, Warren. "Write a paragraph about your character." Warren said, "Who is the character? Why is the character excited? What's the character's personality?" There's more, that's just a loose quote. So, my paragraph went something like this:

"Somewhat effeminate runner, pompous and arrogant even though he never wins. Gets excited when the crowds cheer him on (even though they cheer everyone on, he's sure it special, just for him) so he throws them kisses as he runs by to show his affection."

Then I posed this:

Well, the good news is, Warren has lots to pick apart and I can do a revision for next week.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home