Sean Graham's Animation Mental Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sumo Stomp Angle View

So this is the first look for you of the Stomp that was, in essence, my "Final" for semester 1. I've gotten tons of positive feedback about it, which was really great, because while producing it, I was never totally sure I was going to pull it off. I spent a lot of time just acting it out, focusing on different parts of the body as I moved from pose to pose. The foot, when it lifted off the ground, the leg and hip, how far it rotated, the upwrd arc of the foot and then the knee and foot as it smashes down.

It was a lot of trial and error, and even then, people saw things I could change, and I did. A big thing I thought of that was reiterated by some other students and Warren was that the height of the stomp leg doesn't stay there long enough before it comes down hard. So, I added a few frames to each, and boy, what a difference. So even with all my reference, acting it out, planning and diligence, it still took two weeks to really see it reach fruition.

Anywho, here it is. Sean's last animation from Semester 1:
Click on the image to the left to see the animation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home